Medical aviation for transportation of bedridden patients
Renting a private plane to transport bedridden patients is sometimes extremely necessary in cases where urgency is important and other methods of transportation are not suitable. Medical aircraft allows passengers with limited mobility to be quickly transported anywhere in the world, which is often required to save their lives. Private Jet UK is ready to provide the best flight conditions and arrange a flight as soon as possible. The type of aircraft is selected based on the complexity of the route, its range, the condition of the passenger and the wishes of the customer. Our catalogue contains more than 24 medical aircraft, as well as about 5,600 business jets adapted for the transportation of bedridden patients.
When it is necessary to rent an airplane
Medical flights for the transportation of heavy and recumbent passengers on business aircraft are necessary in several cases:
- There are no tickets for regular flights in the right direction. It should also be taken into account that the purchase of a ticket for a disabled citizen in a serious condition on a state airline plane must be reported within at least 3 days in advance. This time is required in order to prepare a seat in the salon and solve a number of organizational issues. The need for these measures completely disappears if the patient is transported by private plane - there is the possibility of emergency transportation;
- It is necessary to deliver the patient to the clinic for treatment or surgery within a few hours or 2-3 days. The operators of our company give permission for departure in 3-5 hours in case of urgent need;
- The patient cannot be surrounded by other people. This may be due to both the infectious nature of his disease and psychoemotional instability.
Business jets are often rented to deliver a patient for surgery or treatment to clinics in major foreign countries. Sometimes there is a reverse necessity, that is, transportation is required in order to bring a bedridden patient home.
Features of flights with bedridden patients
A private plane for transportation of a seriously ill person requires careful flight preparation. Such a flight differs from the usual one primarily in the fact that the passenger is accompanied by a medical worker or a team of doctors. The task of the medical team is to monitor the patient's condition, conduct routine procedures, and provide emergency assistance in case of deterioration of well-being.
We are trying to make the flight as comfortable and safe as possible for the patient, and that’s why compliance with several rules is required:
- The flight should take place in a calm environment, that is, without unnecessary shaking. Only an experienced pilot who is able to smoothly overcome air holes and keep turbulence under control can ensure compliance with this condition;
- Doctors accompanying the patient should be able to provide assistance in non-standard conditions. The medical team requires endurance, calmness and high qualifications;
- The board must be equipped with medical equipment. The equipment of the devices is selected depending on the severity of the patient. In serious cases, emergency resuscitation may be required, so there must be life support devices and a defibrillator in the cabin. The need for full equipment disappears only if health emergencies are excluded;
- The cabin should be as spacious as possible. It is difficult to provide medical assistance in a confined space, especially if the cabin is cluttered with luggage. Therefore, aircraft with a separate luggage compartment are more suitable for renting seriously ill people.
Business jets are carefully checked at the stage of preparation for a sanitary flight. The slightest malfunction is a refusal of admission to departure. The salons of such aircraft are thoroughly disinfected after preparing for the reception of a passenger with limited mobility. Surface treatment and air purification reduce the risk of infection with dangerous microorganisms, which can be disastrous for a weakened person.
Renting a medical aircraft immediately with the crew and doctors is the best option since the patient will be taken care of by a team that understands all the nuances of transporting passengers with serious illnesses. Our company has its own staff of pilots and cooperates with qualified resuscitators, anesthesiologists and therapists, that is, those doctors who know everything about emergency care.
Aircraft variants used for medical purposes
The state services involved in the transportation of seriously ill patients have special sanitary aviation at their disposal, that is, aircraft equipped with stationary medical equipment. There are 3 types of aircraft used in business aviation:
- Ordinary business jets. They can be rented if the patient's condition allows him/her to be placed on a sofa or in a semi-sitting position on an armchair. In a private plane, it will be convenient for the relatives of the patient, as well as accompanying doctors. It is best to take a plane with a wide cabin where you can stand up to your full height;
- Ambulance plane. A flight on such an aircraft will cost the most, but sometimes, this is the only acceptable option due to the severity of the passenger's condition. The board is completely re-equipped for passengers with limited mobility, that is, it is similar to the interior of a mobile ICU in terms of design, arrangement of furniture and equipment. In such conditions, it is possible to provide any assistance including surgical intervention;
- Cargo plane. It is often used to evacuate victims from the scene of an emergency. A cargo board is rented for the transportation of seriously ill passengers if the unnecessary movement of the patient is undesirable. In this case, the patient is taken into the cargo compartment right in the ambulance and spends the entire flight in it. This method of movement is also convenient because the passenger is promptly transported to the clinic after arriving at the destination.
Medical planes are distinguished by optimal conditions for the transportation of seriously ill patients. Companies specializing in such air transportation always have 2-4 sanitary boards available. If finances allow, then this option is the safest. However, if the estimated cost of the flight is limited, then you can rent classic private planes. If necessary, they are easily converted for a sanitary flight, that is, a part of the seats is removed to free up space, and the equipment necessary for maintaining the functions of the passenger's body is brought into the cabin.
The cost of a medical flight
You can find out the exact cost of a medical plane flight in a specific direction after submitting an application. The operator will specify the most important information - the patient's health status, the number of accompanying persons, the endpoint of the route. Based on these data, a business jet is selected and the price of the service is calculated. As for the time, it takes about 20 - 60 minutes.
The cost of a sanitary flight depends on several variables. These are:
- The type of aircraft used. The price of renting a business liner or a long-haul jet will be more expensive compared to renting medium or small aircraft;
- A need to be accompanied by doctors. Not all seriously ill patients need continuous monitoring of their well-being by resuscitators and therapists, and the services of these doctors are the most expensive. If the passenger's condition is not critical, then even flight attendants or specially hired orderlies can help him in flight;
- Flight distance. The further away the arrival airport is, the more expensive the cost of the flight will be;
- Additional services. Individual meals onboard, transfer, accommodation reservation are paid according to a separate price list.
Private Jets UK is ready to arrange the flight of seriously ill passengers to any airport in Europe, America, Russia, Asia and the Middle East. The board is selected taking into account all the wishes of the customer. If necessary, we make transportation combined, that is, with the participation of a helicopter. Such transport allows you to pick up passengers from hard-to-reach places or, on the contrary, deliver them to places where there are no conditions for the plane to land. The delivery of a private jet is possible within 3-4 hours after the request (if you have the business jet you need in this location). Sanitary flights involve pilots with extensive experience, so the flight always takes place in a comfortable environment for passengers.
Prices for domestic private flights in UK
- London - Edinburgh ~ 9000 EUR (~ 7600 GBP);
- London - Jersey ~ 8500 EUR (~ 7200 GBP);
- London - Dublin ~ 8500 EUR (~ 7200 GBP);
- London - Grenoble ~ 7000 EUR (~ 5900 GBP);
- London - Birmingham ~ 8000 EUR (~ 6800 GBP);
- London - Leeds ~ 6700 EUR (~ 5700 GBP);
- London - Manchester ~ 8000 EUR (~ 6800 GBP);
- London - Liverpool ~ 8500 EUR (~ 7200 GBP);
- London - Newcastle ~ 7500 EUR (~ 6300 GBP);
- London - Glasgow ~ 9500 EUR (~ 8000 GBP);
- London - Bristol ~ 6800 EUR (~ 5700 GBP);
- London - Southampton ~ 6200 EUR (~ 5200 GBP);
- London - East Midlands ~ 6800 EUR (~ 5700 GBP);
- London - Cardiff ~ 9100 EUR (~ 7700 GBP);
- London - Inverness ~ 9200 EUR (~ 7800 GBP);
- London - Aberdeen ~ 9800 EUR (~ 8200 GBP);
- London - Gibraltar ~ 11600 EUR (~ 9800 GBP).
This is only a small part of the available routes. Please note that 92% of all UK business jets are based at the airports of London, Edinburgh, Cardiff and Belfast. However, if you want to depart from another city, we can organize a business jet flight to the airport of your choice.
Prices for international flights by private jets
- London - Nice ~ 9100 EUR (~ 7700 GBP);
- London - Munich ~ 9800 EUR (~ 8200 GBP);
- London - Geneva ~ 7600 EUR (~ 6400 GBP);
- London - Paris ~ 7500 EUR (~ 6300 GBP);
- London - Geneva ~ 8500 EUR (~ 7200 GBP);
- London - Zurich ~ 8700 EUR (~ 7300 GBP);
- London - Ibiza ~ 12000 EUR (~ 10100 GBP);
- London - Cannes ~ 9700 EUR (~ 8100 GBP);
- London - Bern ~ 9200 EUR (~ 7700 GBP);
- London - Malaga ~ 14000 EUR (~ 11800 GBP);
- London - Milan ~ 10500 EUR (~ 8900 GBP);
- London - Olbia ~ 10000 EUR (~ 8400 GBP);
- London - Palma de Mallorca ~ 13000 EUR (~ 11000 GBP);
- London - Rome ~ 11000 EUR (~ 9300 GBP);
- London - Athens ~ 19000 EUR (~ 16000 GBP);
- London - Madrid ~ 12100 EUR (~ 10200 GBP);
- London - Frankfurt ~ 13000 EUR (~ 11000 GBP);
- London - Barcelona ~ 14500 EUR (~ 12200 GBP);
- London - Dubai ~ 62000 EUR (~ 52000 GBP);
- London - New York ~ 70000 EUR (~ 59000 GBP);
- London - Monaco ~ 11000 EUR (~ 9300 GBP);
- London - Amsterdam ~ 10000 EUR (~ 8400 GBP);
- London - Berlin ~ 9800 EUR (~ 8200 GBP);
- London - Budapest ~ 12000 EUR (~ 10100 GBP);
- London - Larnaca ~ 22000 EUR (~ 18500 GBP);
- London - Tel Aviv ~ 24000 EUR (~ 20200 GBP);
- London - Chambery ~ 12000 EUR (~ 10100 GBP);
- London - Prague ~ и 9400 EUR (~ 7900 GBP);
- London - Riga ~ 16000 EUR (~ 13500 GBP);
- London - Malta ~ 14000 EUR (~ 11800 GBP);
- London - Anguilla ~ 55000 EUR (~ 46300 GBP);
- London - Bali ~ 80000 EUR (~ 67400 GBP);
- London - Barbados ~ 70000 EUR (~ 59000 GBP);
- London - Madeira ~ 16000 EUR (~ 13500 GBP);
- London - Fiji ~ 85000 EUR (~ 71500 GBP);
- London - Belize ~ 90000 EUR (~ 76000 GBP);
- London - Miami ~ 70000 EUR (~ 59000 GBP);
- London - Las Vegas ~ 78000 EUR (~ 66000 GBP);
- London - Minsk ~ 30000 EUR (~ 25000 GBP);
- London - Delhi ~ 77000 EUR (~ 65 000 GBP);
- London - Doha ~ 63000 EUR (~ 53000 GBP);
- London - Pattaya ~ 78000 EUR (~ 65800 GBP);
- London - Bangkok ~ 90000 EUR (~ 76000 GBP);
- London - Hong Kong ~ 110000 EUR (~ 93000 GBP);
- London - GOA ~ 95000 EUR (~ 80000 GBP);
- London - Singapore ~ 95000 EUR (~ 80000 GBP);
- London - Istanbul ~ 24000 EUR (~ 20200 GBP);
- London - Tokyo ~ 130000 EUR (~ 110000 GBP);
- London - Toronto ~ 70000 EUR (~ 59000 GBP);
- London - Johannesburg ~ 100000 EUR (~ 84000 GBP);
- London - Colombo ~ 125000 EUR (~ 105000 GBP);
- London - Kuala Lumpur ~ 138000 EUR (~ 116300 GBP);
- London - Los Angeles ~ 75000 EUR (~ 63000 GBP);
- London - Miami ~ 69000 EUR (~ 58200 GBP);
- London - Macau ~ 99000 EUR (~ 83400 GBP);
- London - Seychelles ~ 97000 EUR (~ 82800 GBP);
- London - Maldives ~ 120000 EUR (~ 101000 GBP);
- London - Virgin Island~ 89000 EUR (~ 75000 GBP);
- London - Bahamas ~ 73000 EUR (~ 61500 GBP);
- London - Hawaiian Islands ~ 90000 EUR (~ 76000 GBP);
This is also only a small part of the possible routes to get acquainted with the order of prices. You can get a more accurate calculation completely free of charge by contacting our aviation consultants. We can offer particularly favorable conditions for domestic flights on Adam A500 in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland and European countries. It is possible due to the large volume of flights in these regions and favorable partnership conditions with the aircraft owners.
Examples of flights on private jets charter
We offer you a visual comparison of the cost of flights on the typical routes, depending on the type and model of the aircraft.
Light Jets (4 - 8 passengers):
- London - Paris. One way. Approx: 50 mins From £ 3700 (or 4300 €);
- London - Zurich. One way. Approx: 1h 30 mins From £ 5300 (or 6200 €);
- London - Nice. One way. Approx: 1hr 45 mins From £ 6400 (or 7500 €);
- London - Rome. One way. Approx: 2h 40 mins From £ 7400 (or 8650 €).
Mid Size Jets (7-9 passengers):
- London - Paris. One way. Approx: 50 mins From £ 6900 (or 8100 €);
- London - Zurich. One way. Approx: 1h 30 mins From £ 8700 (or 10200 €);
- London - Nice. One way. Approx: 1h 45 mins From £ 9500 (or 11000 €);
- London - Rome. One way. Approx: 2h 40 mins From £ 12900 (or 15000 €).
Super Mid Size Jets (8-10 passengers):
- London - Paris. One way. Approx: 50 mins From £ 8800 (or 10300 €);
- London - Zurich. One way. Approx: 1h 30 mins From £ 9500 (or 11100 €);
- London - Nice. One way. Approx: 1h 45 mins From £ 11500 (or 13500 €);
- London - Rome. One way. Approx: 2h 40 mins From £ 15400 (or 18000 €).
Large Cabin Jets (10 - 16 passengers):
- London - Paris. One way. Approx: 50 mins From £ 9700 (or 11300 €);
- London - Zurich. One way. Approx: 1h 30 mins From £ 12700 (or 14900 €);
- London - Nice. One way. Approx: 1h 45 mins From £ 15200 (or 17800 €);
- London - Rome. One way. Approx: 2h 40 mins From £ 18400 (or 21500 €);
- London - New York. One way. Approx: 7h 15 mins From £ 54900 (fuel stop) (or 64200 €);
- London - Antigua. One way. Approx: 9h From £ 64900 (fuel stop) (or 76000 €).
Also, we have prepared a table with the general prices of the most popular planes:
|Type of aircraft||Capacity (persons)||Price (euros per hour)|
|✈ Cessna Citation Mustang||4||1800 €/h – 2400 €/h|
|✈ Cessna Citation Jet 1 & CJ1+||4-5||1900 €/h – 2500 €/h|
|✈ Embraer Phenom 100||4||2200 €/h – 2600 €/h|
|✈ Cessna Citation Jet 2 & CJ2+||6-7||2300 €/h – 2800 €/h|
|✈ Cessna Citation Jet 3||7||2500 €/h – 3000 €/h|
|✈ Cessna Citation Jet 4||7-8||2600 €/h – 3200 €/h|
|✈ Cessna Citation II & II/SP||7-9||1800 €/h – 2400 €/h|
|✈ Cessna Citation Bravo||7-8||2100 €/h – 2600 €/h|
|✈ Hawker Beechcraft 400XP||6-7||2300 €/h – 2800 €/h|
|✈ Embraer Phenom 300||6||2400 €/h – 2900 €/h|
|✈ Bombardier Learjet 40XR||6||2500 €/h – 3000 €/h|
|✈ Raytheon Beechcraft Premier IA||6||2200 €/h – 2700 €/h|
|✈ Piaggio Avanti P180 & Avanti II||6-7||2200 €/h – 2700 €/h|
|✈ Bombardier Learjet 45 & 45XR||6-8||2800 €/h – 3200 €/h|
|✈ Cessna Citation Excel||7-8||2800 €/h – 3200 €/h|
|✈ Cessna Citation XLS & XLS+||7-8||2900 €/h – 3700 €/h|
|✈ Cessna Citation Sovereign||8-9||3400 €/h – 4200 €/h|
|✈ Bombardier Learjet 60 & 60XR||6-8||3400 €/h – 4200 €/h|
|✈ Hawker 750, 800XP & 850XP||8||3500 €/h – 4100 €/h|
|✈ Hawker 900XP||8||3600 €/h – 4200 €/h|
|✈ Gulfstream G150||6-7||3500 €/h – 4000 €/h|
|✈ Cessna Citation X||8-9||3500 €/h – 4300 €/h|
|✈ Dassault Falcon 50 & 50EX||9-10||4000 €/h – 4600 €/h|
|✈ Gulfstream G200||8-10||4400 €/h – 4900 €/h|
|✈ Bombardier Challenger 300||8-9||4500 €/h – 5000 €/h|
|✈ Dassault Falcon 2000, 2000EX & 2000LX||8-10||5000 €/h – 6500 €/h|
|✈ Dassault Falcon 900B||12-14||5400 €/h – 6800 €/h|
|✈ Dassault Falcon 900EX, 900DX & 900LX||12-14||6600 €/h – 7500 €/h|
|✈ Bombardier Challenger 600 & 601||9-14||4700 €/h – 5700 €/h|
|✈ Bombardier Challenger 604 & 605||9-12||4900 €/h – 5500 €/h|
|✈ Bombardier Challenger 850||12-15||5300 €/h – 5900 €/h|
|✈ Embraer Legacy 600 & Legacy 650||12-13||4900 €/h – 5700 €/h|
|✈ Gulfstream G300||10-13||5500 €/h – 6400 €/h|
|✈ Dassault Falcon 7X||13-15||7000 €/h – 8000 €/h|
|✈ Bombardier Global Express||12-15||6500 €/h – 7500 €/h|
|✈ Bombardier Global XRS & Global 6000||12-15||7200 €/h – 8200 €/h|
|✈ Bombardier Global 5000||9-14||6900 €/h – 7900 €/h|
|✈ Gulfstream GIV-SP, G400 & G450||12-14||6500 €/h – 7800 €/h|
|✈ Gulfstream GV, G500 & G550||12-16||7000 €/h – 8500 €/h|
|✈ Embraer Lineage 1000||17-19||9000 €/h – 11000 €/h|
|✈ Airbus Corporate Jet (ACJ) A318 Elite||18-30||10000 €/h – 13000 €/h|
|✈ Airbus Corporate Jet (ACJ) A319||18-30||11000 €/h – 15000 €/h|
|✈ Boeing Business Jet BBJ1, BBJ2 & BBJ3||19-50||10000 €/h – 20000 €/h|
|✈ Beechcraft King Air 90 & 90GTx||5-6||1400 €/h – 1700 €/h|
|✈ Beechcraft King Air 200 & 200GT||7-8||1500 €/h – 1800 €/h|
|✈ Beechcraft King Air 350||8-9||1700 €/h – 2200 €/h|
|✈ Beechcraft 1900D||18-19||2600 €/h – 3400 €/h|
The cost per hour indicated in the table is preliminary and does not constitute an offer or a commercial offer. Exact prices are available from the managers of the company.
If you want to make an urgent calculation of the cost of a private plane flight, use our online calculator. Just fill in all the fields of the form with a note that you are interested in a specific model of the aircraft and get the final price. NB! – the figures are sent to you by email or messenger, please carefully fill in the contact details to get the calculation.
All our calculations are as transparent as possible for you. After receiving the request, we will prepare a beautiful offer - where the costs and the final price will be clearly described. The exact price is agreed in advance and is written in the contract, so you can be sure of the final cost.
Stages of flight preparation
A business jet flight is carefully prepared. The whole organization of the flight consists of several stages:
- Planning. At this stage, the request received from the customer is processed, the most suitable aircraft are selected, legal issues and flight safety issues are resolved;
- A contract is concluded. The contract specifies the obligations of the parties, the route schedule, departure dates, and cost. The agreement is drawn up in two copies, the first remains with the air broker, the other is for the client. The payment is possible in any way that suits the customer;
- Ensuring the flight. This is one of the most important stages of flight organization. The air broker coordinates the receipt of slots, submits requests to the aviation services for departure and landing, looks for suitable VIP terminals;
- Flying in ideal conditions. After signing the contract, passengers of charter flights are only required to arrive at the airport on time, board, and spend time in the sky in a pleasant atmosphere.
If necessary, air brokers will arrange a transfer from the arrival airport, book a hotel or find the best accommodation in the private sector.
How to rent a medical jet with a crew
5 main stages:
Sending an application
Clarification of details and search for options
Preparation and coordination of optimal options
Registration of documents. Payment of the invoice.
Departure on the route.
UK medical aviation airports
Our clients have access to all airports of the UK and Europe. Due to the unique partnership conditions, we can offer our clients the best prices for business aviation services. Our experts will consult you on the availability of private jets in a particular city and help you choose the best option.
Current list of TOP 25 business aviation airports:
|London Heathrow Airport||England||EGLL||LHR|
|London City Airport||England||EGLC||LCY|
|Liverpool John Lennon Airport||England||EGGP||LPL|
|East Midlands Airport||England||EGNX||EMA|
|Cardiff International Airport||Wales||EGFF||CWL|
|Airport Doncaster Sheffield||England||EGCN||DSA|
|London Biggin Hill||England||EGKB||BQH|
|Belfast Airport||Northern Ireland||EGAA||BFS|
Book a Private Jet
We are here to assist you 24/7. You are always welcome! No matter when, why or how - whether by mail, by phone, by email, WhatsApp or live chat - you will hear from us without delay.
How to pay for a flight and refund money for a failed flight
Payment for the aircraft lease is carried out after the signing of the contract. You can deposit cash or make a wire transfer. In some situations, an invoice is more convenient, but in any case, our company allows the client to choose the payment method that is more profitable for him/her.
If the scheduled flight is canceled at the client’s request, the funds won’t be returned in full. This is quite understandable since certain costs for the organization of the flight were already on the part of the air broker. However, our company tries to make sure that the client loses as little as possible. In those situations, when the lease is canceled due to our fault, which fortunately happens extremely rarely, the funds are returned in full.
You can find out all the conditions for renting business jets by phone or by sending a request to our company's email.
We hire only the best specialists who are well-versed in all aspects of business aviation. 33 professionals, working in Private Jets UK, arrange the helicopter and private jet charter flights.
Each client is assigned a personal air broker who undertakes to:
- to stay in touch with the customer 24/7;
- to answer all questions related to the choice of private jet, optimization of the route, selection of staff, catering, security and meeting at the airport and quickly address all organizational problems;
- to provide the highest level of service and pay attention to the smallest details.
Our employees work all over the world, so they know many languages. The contract is usually issued in English (however, if necessary, we can translate it into any other language). You can always contact our managers who will help you solve the tasks of any complexity. After all, our goal is to make you feel safe and comfortable on board.
Direct communication with the company management:
- Mike.Lewis@private-jets.co.uk - head of the London office;
- Anna.Kovalevskaya@private-jets.co.uk - head of the Paris office;
- Roman.Meier@private-jets.co.uk - head of the Berlin office;
- Еvgeniy.Eglitis@private-jets.co.uk - CEO;
TOP 5 best brokers in the UK:
Private Jets UK has received multiple awards and certificates for its high level of customer service.
Features of the company
For over 15 years of providing aviation services in Europe, Private Jets UK has accumulated a lot of experience in the solution of business aviation problems. Each of our team members is well versed in the documentation and organization of private flights.
Numbers we are proud of:
- We have been actively developing in the field of business aviation for over 15 years.
- Our staff includes 33 specialists who speak 6 international languages (English, German, French, Spanish, Russian, and Italian).
- The company’s catalog contains over 6500 models of private jets and helicopters, available for order at any time.
- We have 3 international offices in Europe and are planning to open the new ones in Cyprus.
- We only need 2-4 hours to arrange an urgent flight.
- The company has over 200 regular customers worldwide.
If you still have questions about Private Jets UK, we will be glad to help you. You can always call us or fill out the form on the website. Our aviation consultant will contact you as soon as possible and send you an official presentation of the company and answer all your questions.